Pages

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Hair Update | how I got Ombré


Hey girls, I thought I would share my current hair changes with you as promised. If you follow me on social media your probably aware my hair is pretty much always dark, I've been loving the ombré/balayage trend at the minute so I thought I'd give it a bash for summer! In this post I will explain how my hairdresser achieved this look and what was used so if your interested here's how she did it...

Products used:
• Indola blonde expert bleach
• Indola 20vol gel Peroxide.
• LK 11/0 (high lift tint) 
• 40vol cream peroxide.
• Indola #3 (dark brown)
• LK 00/2 ash toner.

Step #1 :- Using a tail comb she sectioned the top of my hair into a star shape to cover my crown and clipped it up out of the way. 

Step #2 :- Taking a section at a time she used the bleach with 20vol peroxide on the very ends of my hair working upwards in a 'U' shape using flicking motions preventing any harsh lines. 

Step #3 :- Moving up toward the middle if the hair she used 11/0 with 40vol which is a high lift tint, not quite as strong as a bleach. This will created a faded out effect working up towards the darker colour again this helps prevent any harsh lines.


Step #4 :- Starting around the hair line she applied my original hair colour which is a base shade of a 3 (dark brown) only too the roots of my hair sectioning all the way through. 

We left the colours on for 35 minutes before washing it off..

Step #5 :- Obviously with my hair being so dark and also previously having red on it it lifted to a gorgeous copper colour. Which was just what I wanted, only the copper was a little to intense for me (PP) so when shampooing she added some ash toner to neautralise the brassy tones.
She did 2 shampoo's with the toner then followed with a conditioner. 


And tadaaaa! ...♡♡♡


I'm so in love with it! I'm super impressed at how it turned out as Im so dark! It all blends so naturally into my hair! I will be purchasing new hair extentions too match pronto! So will be doing an extention update soon if any of you fancy that:) 

I owe all the credit to my amazing hairdresser Emma! Give her a follow on twitter @bambi_h 


Any questions feel free to leave comments below I'll be happy to help♡

xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment