Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Glossybox | Summer Beauty Edit with Superdrug


I've mentioned Glossybox in previous posts and have been waiting for the right time to write up a review on one. What better time to do it than when Glossybox collaborate with Superdrug to celebrate 50 years of being a go-to destination for our beauty and health needs! Basically Glossybox is a monthly subscription box that you get delivered right to your door. Every month you will receive a box of 5 new releised beauty mini's to try out some even being full sized products..
Click this link to go to the GLOSSYBOX website to subscribe to get yours for £10 a month, it also gives you the option to save more by paying 3 month, 6 month or annual subscriptions in advance.


When you open your Glossybox inside there is a little magazine advertising new products and explaining a little about that months box and a card listing all the products you have in your box telling you a little bit of information about each and the price of each item to buy full size. I'm a sucker for cute packaging and glossy box are bang on everytime! the products were wrapped up in pretty pink tissue paper this month as it's a special one and tied with a gold bow almost to pretty to open! As appose to the 5 products I normally receive in a Glossybox this month I had 7!!! And 5 of those were full sized with the most expensive price tagged at £10.99 that's already the box payed for! Amazing.


Here's what I received in mine this month.. I will talk you through each product I received starting with the highest value and work my way down..

Max Factor | Facefinity All Day Primer


I've been looking to try out a new primer for a while as my skin is oily and in the summer there's nothing worse than your makeup sliding all over your face! this has stopped me in my tracks.. The card says.. 'This primer has micro corrector that work to absorb sweat and extend the wear of your favourite foundation for an all day flawless finish' I have only used this 3 times but it hasn't proved them wrong yet my makeup has stayed put and it's stopped any oiliness I had going on! Thumbs up! This product is a full size RRP £10.99 This in itself is the box payed for! 

Rimmel London | Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara.


Mascara to me is like marmite..'You either love it or you hate it' It takes a lot for me to 'LOVE' a mascara as my lashes  need quite a lot of work for me not to resort to wearing falsies! The card says.. 'Rimmel's first mascara with an hourglass brush that plumps and curves lashes for an iconic 60's look! The hourglass brush is shaped to the lash line, pushing lashes up and out to create a bold wide-eyed false lash look' Looking forward to trying this out. RRP £6.99

GOSH Cosmetics | Velvet Touch Eyeliner



Interesting deep purple shade pencil eyeliner. The card claims 'it's enriched with vitamin E and jojoba oil and a brilliant smudge proof yet nourishing eyeliner' I'm looking forward to creating different looks with this and seeing if it really is smudge proof that will be amazing for the RRP of only £4.99! Will never need to splurge again! Bargin.

Superdrug Large Doughnut Ring


Don't know if it's just me liking my hair larger than life or if it's been worded wrong but this doughnut ring is most definatly not 'Large' it's around the size of the palm of my hand. Personal preference and nothing against Superdrug I just know I've seen larger in store. Anyway not that I'm not going to love this because I will and I know exactly what I will use it for may even star it in a hair up post soon so keep your eyes peeled! RRP £3.99

I Love Cosmetics | Strawberries & Milkshake Shimmer & Shine Lip Gloss



Excited to try! never heard of this brand before but if it's as good as it smells it's a winner! As soon as I opened my box I could smell calpol yes as in the medicine you have as kids! A strawberry like scent I wasn't far wrong I suppose. The packaging on this lipgloss smells just as amazing as the product inside which is bezar! Strawberries & Milkshake yummy! not a big fan of lipglosses with shimmer normally but I could be converted I guess, have yet to try this RRP £1.29 

Those were all my full sized products and they also threw in 2 sample sizes for me to try out..

GHOST Fragrances | Eclipse


The scent is described as 'fresh fruity and floral with a sensual amber base' quite warm & musky, lovely for the more mature woman I feel, personal preference as Im more into sweeter scents. For the full 50ml RRP £33

Garnier | Oil Beauty Lotion


Beauty Lotion infused with argan, macadamia, almond and rose oil in one! Every Garnier product I've purchased in the past I've loved! So I have high expectations for this. I've had my eye on this one and been meaning to try it out, it's meant to replenish the skin with moisture and prevent it from feeling dry leaving your skin feel soft and silky-smooth! Full size bottle RRP £4.99

Don't forget to visit www.glossybox.co.uk on the above link to start your monthly subscription.. Think of if as a gift to yourself from yourself girls! :)♡
xxx




















No comments :

Post a Comment