Pages

Friday 22 August 2014

August Glossybox | Happy 3rd Anniversary Glossybox!


It's time for me to share with you the treats i received in this months glossybox! This August box is to celebrate glossybox's 3rd anniversary! By that i knew it would be filled with some pretty exciting new products for me to try, here's what I got and my thoughts..


Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer (Sample Size)


I was kind of impatient and checked out the spoiler on twitter around a week or so before the box was dispatched so i knew that everyone would be receiving one of these Philip Kingsley Elasticizer's in their box this month. My hair loves a bit of TLC so i knew i would without a doubt be appreciating this. I do try my best to wait for the surprise it just always seems to get the better of me. Shockingly being a hairdresser i actually hadn't heard of this make before, the card reads..

"Originally created specifically for Audrey Hepburn this pre-shampoo treatment delivers unrivalled elasticity, manageability,bounce and shine without weighing down or coating the hair".

Basically you apply this treatment to wet hair and leave in for around 20 minutes before shampooing and conditioning.. i have only used this once it seemed to leave my hair lovely and soft and nourished looking.. not overly convinsed it would be worth the heafty price tag though who am i to judge after only one use! only time will tell I guess. The full size product retails for £38 /250ml you can purchase it from www.lookfantastic.com

Kryolan For Glossybox Highlighter (Cashmere)



As soon as i read 'Kryolan' it got me a little excited to say the least! And the fact it was a full size product was definitely a win! Not only do i love a good highlighting product, i know the brand is amazing and is used by some of the top makeup artists all over the world. I first heard about the brand through one of Sabrina's You-tube videos from LoveLaughAndMakeup i will leave the link to the video and her channel below. Kryolan are now available to buy online so i will link below for you too, definitely worth checking out. 
The Highlighter is a cream product, very lightweight with a polished gloss finish its gorgeoussss! and can be used to highlight cheekbones, cupids bow and brow bone for a lovely natural looking glow. I received the shade cashmere which is natural nude shade i can completley understand why Glossybox would choose to work with this shade as i imagine it will look flattering on almost any skin tone. My favorite product this month by far! RRP; £12.95

Kryolan; www.kryolan.com

Figs & Rouge - Mini Hand Cream


Firstly how cute is the packaging? So pretty! & before we even start on the product inside would look great in my dressing table. The description on the card says..

"These hand creams are enriched with Shea butter, natural antioxidants and algea extract for beautifully fragrant and indulgent skincare. Softens, nourishes & thoroughly pampers hands throughout the day!"

Sounds great! I never really heard of Figs & Rose before receiving this product but i have to say i really like it. The main thing i love about it is that its not greasy, nothing worse than a hand cream that makes your hands feel all yuck ughh!!! The hand cream is quite strongly scented which i quite like, the scent is 'Rose Berry' though it reminds me alot of sherbet that I used to get with my pick'n'mix when i was young! i recieved the 20ml tube, The full size product is 80ml RRP; £6.95 

Yves Rocher - Pink Nail Polish


The birthday bonus product added to the box was this cute mini nail polish. I have heard of this brand before though i can't say I've ever used any of their products so I was excited to give this nail polish a try.. the shade is so lovely! It's like a muted rose pink and I'm a sucker for pink it's my fave! I received the sample size for the full 3ml bottle RRP; £3.60

Essence - I love extreme crazy volume mascara


As I've mentioned in previous posts I'm more of a false lash girl it takes a lot for a mascara to wow me to the point where I don't need them.. Though for applying colour and separation to my lashes before application this will work perfect! Love the brush also nice and sturdy. RRP; £2.79

Lalique - L'Amour Purfume


I love receiving perfume samples, I'm so fussy when it comes to scents it's ridiculous! And I'd much rather try them out this way than spending a small fortune on one I'm not going to like..I'm not going to butcher this scent with my description so this is what it says on the card..

"This soft, sensual fragrance has delicate top notes of rosebuds laced with fresh bergamot, white floral heart notes and a musk base note. This fragrance captures the essence of love".

Tested it on my wrist and It's lovely and fresh smelling I actually really like it.. Would say I'd have to wear it properly to judge. RRP; 50ml £67
www.boots.com


Have you tried any of these products before?
if so i would love to hear what you thought..

Also if you would like to sign up for your own Glossybox click HERE






6 comments :

  1. Some lovely products here! Love the nail polish and highlighter

    www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was so thrilled with everything i received! so pretty aren't they!

      Delete
  2. How lovely of you! thank you sooo much! glad you like it :) just followed your blog too looks right up my street! will leave you some comments and tag you when the post is up..
    thanks again!

    tash♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi:) awesomes..thank you sooo much im so greatful! will tag you when the post is up!
    thanks again!

    tash♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much did this box retail for monthly? X
    Just followed you!! Hope you can drop by my blog and perhaps follow back?

    Lucys Life Through a Lense

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's £10 a month, the box contents always comes to at least double the amount you pay! it's sooo worth it! thank you will check out your blog now:)

    tash♡

    ReplyDelete